The named Data Protection Officer for Ed Can Help is Stephen Cooper and he can be contacted at email@example.com
Interpretations and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning, regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our service or parts of our service
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority
- Application means the software program provided by the company downloaded by You on any electronic device named Ed can Help
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Ed Can Help Ltd., 44-46 Old Steine, Brighton, BN1 1NH United Kingdom.
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a Digital Tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who process the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting your Personal Data
Personal Data: While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Usage Data: Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information from you in order to provide you with marketing materials from The company. This information will include your email address. Informed Consent will be obtained by selecting the “opt-in” button – thus’ allowing The company to send you relevant Marketing Materials.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services, The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
Should the purpose of our data collection change, the user is entitled to be informed, and consent to be re-sought from you (if consent was the lawful basis for obtaining this data). This will be done at the earliest opportunity and all updates will be sent via email to you. If you wish to opt-out of our collection of your personal data, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to help you.
All data collected from the App will comply with Data Minimisation Principles. We shall not collect more data from you than is necessary to fulfil our business practices.
Where we store your Personal Data
All data that you provide to us is stored on secure servers within the U.K. and U.S. Some data that you provide via the app (Usage Data etc) will be stored through third party servers.
Any payment transactions made through the app is stored with our payment processor and are encrypted using SSL Technology, and is never stored on The companies servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Ed Can Help, and our analytical partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts to allow a service to recognise your device so you do not have to provide the same data more than once during one task/session, to recognise that you may have already given a username/password, as an example – as well as measuring how users are using our products.
We partner with third parties, such as Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of the Products on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our Website. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather data about your activities within the Products to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We do not respond to do-not-track signals. For more data about interest-based ads, including how to opt out of having your web-browsing data used for behavioural advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads on these third-party platforms. You may also opt-out of receiving ads across devices by adjusting your ad preference in your Google account.
We use third-party trackers to let us know when users have visited the Products by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third-party platforms. The Products use Google Analytics code to gather statistical data. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more data on how Google Analytics processes this data, visit www.google.com/analytics.
Any user data collected through the app is encrypted between the device and external storage. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any personal or user data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the products, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict measures to try and prevent unauthorised access.
The company has processes in place to deal with suspected data breaches, and the ICO shall be informed in the first instance, as soon as we suspect a breach has occurred.
You have the right to complain to your Local Supervisory Authority (LSA), or to the Information Commissioners Office should you suspect there has been a breach of data confidentiality. The details for your LSA can be found online, or to complain to the Information Commissioners Office, please feel free to call their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Use of your Personal Data
The Company May Use Personal Data for the Following Reasons
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your Personal Information in the Following Situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions. With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
If you sign up to receive promotional material from us via email, we will use the data you give us to provide the communications that you have requested. You can inform us at any time that you no longer wish to receive promotional emails by selecting “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of every email communication that we send to You, or by emailing us directly at email@example.com and we will remove you manually from our Mailing List. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications from us, you may turn these off at the Device level.
You may also delete your account with Ed can Help at any time at the device level within the app. When an account is deleted, we do not retain any information, and you will no longer receive marketing emails from Ed can Help. You can re-create an account at any time.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
As you may know, a U.K. law called the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) gives certain rights to applicable individuals in relation to their personal data. Ed Can Help complies to the fullest extent possible with the Data Protection Act 2018 as set out in U.K. Law.
Law enforcement: Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements: The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
Comply with a legal obligation: Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public Protect against legal liability Security of Your Personal Data The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.